Tickets are now on sale for the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Painting Class with me. October 3rd First Saturday in October. This year promises to be a Great one as Participants will learn how to paint many of my Characters. Join me at the Historical Sleepy Hollow Cemetery for an afternoon of Painting in the Washington Irving Chapel. I have been hand painting some very nice things for each participant to take home in their very own Ghoulie Goody Bags. When the class is over Wander the grounds check out the magnificent cemetery. Go to town for Dinner. Come back to the cemetery for a guided Lantern tour in the dark. The Headless Horseman always makes an appearance. A Spooktacular Fun Filled Halloween event don’t miss it. Tickets are very limited. https://www.showclix.com/event/HalloweenPaintingwithArtis
Good day to you Boils and Ghoulies!! I hope everyone is having a fangtastic Summer. I have been painting, painting, painting, sorry i have not been online so much as this painting thing takes up a lot of my time 😉
Today i will be posting some show dates along with the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Class that will be taking place in October MUAHAHAHHAHA!
I will be doing a Giveaway September 2nd on my Facebook fanpage at 7PM. An original Spooky Painting and some fun Print Bundles. Be sure to save the date as you could own one of my spooky paintings for free.
1. September 19th Arlington Street Festival Event location: Raymond Avenue between Collegeview avenue and the Eastbound Arterial. I will have a 10×10″ tent filled with lots of Spooky Goodness 😀 This is the first show of the year I will have some pretty cool new things to offer.
2. The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival: September 26th-27th Cantine Field Saugerties, NY. One of my most favorite shows of the year. The only time you will eat more food than you do on Thanksgiving. Well i know i do 🙂 Lots of Garlic will keep the Vampires far far away that day! I will have a 10’x10′ tent FILLED with sPoOktacular Paintings, prints, boxes, clocks, yard decor, NEW this year T-shirts and More. Be sure and wear cool clothing for the Indian Summer this area gets every year BUT bring a sweater just in case. Wear super comfy shoes NO heals or else you will hate coming here it is a HUGE WONDERFUL festival FUN for EVERYONE of all ages. look for bus tours in your area for out of state residence. Bus tours from PA, NJ, MASS are available. here is the link to the website http://hvgf.org/
3. Painting Halloween with Heather Gleason in the Historical Sleepy Hollow Cemetery: October 3rd 12:30-4:30 tickets go on sale in September so be sure and SAVE THE DATE!! Tickets will sell out quickly as there are only limited spaces available in the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Chapel. Come spend the afternoon with me in this Magnificent Cemetery. It is a City in itself. Be mesmerized by the History this land holds. This year i will be doing something different. I will be teaching participants how to paint different spooky Characters. Learn how to paint the Sinister Scarecrow, the Malevolant moon, The Primitive Witch, playful kitties and more all in your very own one of a kind Spooky Painting. Participants get to choose from a large Oval Wood Piece that can be hung on your wall without frame or a nice size 11″x14″ canvas panel that can be framed. ALL supplies are included. Each participant will take home their own painting, Paint brushes, paints and stencils. Each Participant will also be taking home a Hand painted hand made Goodie bag filled with Heather’s Creepy Creations. Don’t miss out on this one Spend the afternoon with me, than after the class go into town for dinner at some of the historical eateries, Come back to the cemetery for their Spooktacular Lantern Guided Tour of the Cemetery in the Dark. They say the Headless Horseman always makes an appearance. Make a day of it visit Sleepy Hollow 🙂 SAVE THE DATE October 3rd. tickets go on sale September 1st. http://www.sleepyhollowcemetery.org/
4. Wappingers Falls Halloween Parade and Festival October 17th 11am-4PM. I will have a 10′ x 10′ tent filled with Halloween Paintings, Prints, T-shirts, coffin Clocks and Ouija tables. Be sure and dress up in costume as this is what this Fun Festival is about. Bring the family and march in the Halloween Parade. After the parade walk the park where there will be Halloween Music, Halloween themed games, Halloween vendor, food, costume contests and more. NOW WHAT WILL I WEAR HMMMM??? Last year was so much fun this year will be even BETTER!!!! Can’t wait! http://www.hudsonvalleyhalloweenmagazine.com/march-in-the-parade
5. Sleepy Hollow Cemetery: October 24th 9am-4:00 Pm the Saturday BEFORE Halloween i will be inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery along with some other Halloween Artists selling my Paintings, Prints, T-shirts, Sleepy Hollow Cemetery themed plaques, ouija board tables, coffin clocks and MORE. I created two larger detailed pieces that when sold all money will go to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Vendor money made goes back into the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Historical fund for the up keep of this Beautiful cemetery. Spend the entire day walking the Cemetery by yourself with family, friends OR take a Group guided tour. The guided tour will take you to key areas of the cemetery with some SpOoktacular stories to be heard. Visit Washington Irving’s grave along with many other high profile names that now lay to rest in the cemetery. I will be perched on the hill behind Washington Irving next to the Receiving Vault. Please note if you would like to take a guided tour tickets must be purchased through the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery website or give them a call. I will be there and cannot wait to see you. This is my last show of the season every year and it is truly wonderful. I promise your visit will be a great one.