Hello friends. I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of their summer. My oldest daughter graduated from High School last week. I am super Happy for her and very excited to see her move into the beginning of adult hood. OK so onto some show news or event news lol.
Lets start off with shows for the season. I am doing a few things different this year. Including my home sale that may go live to the internet for fans and collectors that live far away and cant make it out.
First SOMETHING NEW!
September 24th 11am-5Pm I will be opening my home to the public. Well my Work studio area. 😉 This area will be transformed into a spooky space filled with New creations. All of these creations will be offered for sale. I will have all sorts of paintings, one of a kind functional art pieces, hand made Jewelry, 3D art pieces, and some of my clothing designs. I am offering this so fans and collectors can come out and meet with me in a not so crazy setting as some know my shows get pretty busy and its hard to chat with so many people around. I live in the Hudson Valley Region of New York Ulster County to be exact. The address will be posted a few days prior to my Spooktacular event. This is a one day only event. Will last only between the hours of 11am-5PM. NO EXCEPTIONS. Unless notified email in advance for a later or earlier time in the day. The Hudson Valley offers many great fun things to do in the Autumn season. If you are from out of the area and would like to make it to my In Home Spooktacular event plan the rest of your day at a local farm picking apples and pumpkins, eating at one of the many great restaurants or check out some of the Haunted Houses that will be opening that weekend. Plan ahead create your own Spooktacular weekend!
October 1-2nd The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival. THE DATES have changed for one of my most favorite shows!! The garlic festival usually opens the last weekend in September every year. NOT this year. It is now The first weekend in October. 🙂 No problems here. I’m in lol. I cant miss this Great fun filled show.!! The Kiwanis club does a spectacular job organizing this event every year. You don’t want to miss The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival if you are in the area that weekend. LOTS AND LOTS OF GARLIC!! Free samples of Food galore. Arts and Crafts vendors, live music, cooking demonstrations from the nations top chefs., garlic farmers from around the country, a children’s area with arts and crafts tent where children can decorate their own pumpkins and other fun things for free. Wear COMFY shoes and dress to entertain the weather. Temps are always up and down that time of year. I will be in the same spot right next to Junction stage. Look for my tent or my friend Merve the Mummy standing right outside. You can purchase tickets on the Hudson Valley Garlic Website or at participating stores or you can wait till day of your visit and purchase at the gate.
October 8th 12:30-4:00 The Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Mark your calendars fiends!! I will be hosting a Spooktacular painting class once again in the breathtaking Sleepy Hollow Cemetery chapel. Tickets will go on sale in September. SO if you want to go… Clear the date and time and head on over to this fun event. I will be offering up how to create 2-3 different scenes on 11″x 14″ canvas panels. Participants get to choose what scene and characters they want to create the day of the event. Everything will be provided for you. Just bring yourself and an open mind. must be 18 or older. I do offer classes for younger age groups but these must be booked in advance. The Chapel itself is unique with Stained glass windows that tell the story of Washington Irving. Once you step on to the grounds of the cemetery. It is like you are transported to another world. The world of the dead that is. Not in a creepy way but in a most peaceful way. The grave sites are some of the most spectacular you will ever see in the country. The Sleepy Hollow Cemetery offers tours of the cemetery during the day and at night. Farther into the season the groups get larger and more frequent. You can roam the grounds yourself but you may miss some of the prominently named that are resting in the cemetery. It is VERY large and you can most definitely get lost without a map! SO find a map and get to walking. Go tot eh sleepy Hollow Cemetery website to check out dates and times for their guided tours. Don’t forget to mark your calendar October 8th!! Tickets will go on sale in September.
More show dates will be added shortly. 🙂
Good day my dear Fiends. I took a few weeks off to get my head in gear and to work on this ever evolving clothing line. The Textiles are done and here is a sneak peak at just a few of the textiles i have created 🙂 Not gonna give away all the designs. Very different from Painting lol. You will soon be wearing my designs on your everyday wear. YAY!! I am sticking with basic designs to start like tank tops, Short sleeve and 3/4 sleeve shirts to start. Some button up blouses and YES guys i got you covered with some button up shirts. Kinda like those Hawaiian shirts but with a Gothic touch 🙂 x
Print Sale going on today!! Purchase 2 prints get 1 FREE!! Don’t miss out. Good for ALL PRINTS!!! Comment at check out or email me what print you would like to receive for free!!
Good Day to you my friends. I am writing to tell you about a new venture I will be working on with my Mother Ellen Gleason. As mother and daughter Artists we are now offering in home painting Parties. This should be a fun experience for all. Many of you that cannot take a trip to Sleepy Hollow can now host your own parties from home. GUESS WHAT!!?? ANY HOSTS or Hostesses Receive their ticket for free which means you get all your supplies for free and a Great Little Goodie bag at the end of the painting class for hosting an in home painting party. We will be offering all sorts of packages with different images to paint. I love the Gothic Halloween Look my mother likes folk art landscapes, light houses and such. Your party can paint one image or break the party(class) up in half. So if 1/2 of your guests want to paint a Haunted House painting and the other half wants to paint fruit and flowers the class can be split in two. 🙂 Packages start at $20.00 per person but do require a minimum for us to travel. No experience required but we do ask to ask friends that are interested in learning to create to participate. This will be a fun lhands on learning experience. Hostess this is like any party. You can treat it as such, provide your guests with Appetizers and drinks decorate if you like that is all up to you. I do promise a Great time and a final piece of art you will be proud to call your own. If you are interested in hosting a painting class in the Hudson Valley, and Beyond we will travel up to 100 miles depending on size of party. Please email email@example.com for more detailed info. You can also check out prices in my store of some of the images that are available per ticket. again message me if you are interested in a in Home Painting Class by My Eclectic Mind ( firstname.lastname@example.org) have a Frightfully Great Day everyone. 🙂
Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone is well. I have been in my new home for two months now and i am finally getting my studio up and running.
Lots to do this new year!! Last year I was ill for several months in bed making it impossible to do even a 1/4 of what i really wanted to do. First thing this year is to work hard on the clothing line. As I promised last year but could not do it. I will be offering Portrait view skirts and dresses. t-shirts, regular button up satin and silk Blouses, pillows for your home and crossing my fingers blankets/throws by Autumn. These will be for sale direct through me available here on my website, Amazon store, and Etsy.
I have been working with the company WalkingDots a sister company of Check Advantage. They will be offering my artwork for cell phone covers, calendars coffee mugs and more. I finally have time to create something fangtastic for their products. For years I have wanted to do calender’s but they are super expensive to produce myself. I am soo very happy they will be producing these calender’s.
Bill and I have been working on a Horror book for adults over the past year. I cannot wait until it is finished. Some stories were written around my art some paintings are yet to be made to go with the stories. All in all it is a ton of fun.
I will be offering more painting classes at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery again this year. Participants have a ton of fun and learn a lot when they leave the class. The final paintings have been beautiful. This is not a lets get drunk and paint like a 3 year old type of class. Well if you want to get drunk then i guess you can but the results will not come out so nice 😉 I have participants join the class that have never picked up a paint brush in their lives and leave very happy with the tiniest detail. Spring means budding flowering trees in the Cemetery and the grass is new, Autumn the leaves are falling from the trees with every wind gust that moves through the cemetery. I will be offering different classes through out the year. keep your eyes open for ticket sales. will post about it as the classes surface. ok well that is all for now. see you soon. time to clean lol 🙂
Hello Boils and Ghoulies. The Big Day is getting closer and closer. That means the Last show of the Season is here. I will be setting up my artwork this Saturday inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Gates open at 8AM close at 4:30 PM I will be up on the hill beside the receiving vaults behind the Great and Powerful Mr Washington Irving. Stop by and grab something Spooktacular to take home. The Cemetery will be giving guided tours all day long (tickets must be purchased in advance for a guided tour through the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery website) If you just want to stop by and stroll the cemetery on your own at your own leisure feel free at no charge. There will be other Spooky crafters spread out through the cemetery showing their work. I will have a couple of ouija board tables, Hand Painted Sleepy Hollow Signs, headless Horseman Paintings, Jewelry, prints t-shirts and more. Stop by and say Hello.
Last weekend I attended the Wappingers Falls Annual Halloween Parade and Festival. We arrived early and set the tent up filled with Halloween Art. We were set up for about 35 minutes then the Heavy winds came through knocked the tent around my art walls blew over landing on some Trick R Treaters. So with much thought and sadness we headed out. We did not want anyone to get hurt so we missed the fun filled day. I apologize to anyone that came out and we were not there. One thing i do not do good in is Heavy Winds. Projectile tents and large paintings can actual hurt someone very badly. 🙁 SO last show is this Saturday at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery 8AM-4:30PM no heavy winds reported just yet…. Knock on wood. SEE YOU SATURDAY!! The first photo of The Headless Horseman Photo was taken by Photographer Karen Ringen you can find more of her photography at Sleepyhollowcemetery.tumblr.com
I want to thank everyone that participated in this years Painting class at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow NY. Everyone did a Fangtastic job with their paintings. It was a big challenge to do such a class as everyone had a different like and vision 🙂 I hope you had as much fun as I did. If you have pictures please share as I found out my husband did not take pictures while we were there. I will be hosting more classes in the near future currently working on dates. Maybe a Winter class with Whimsical Witchy Wonderlands right in time for Christmas and all this snow we get here.
Next show will be at the Wappingers Falls Halloween Parade and Festival. I will be setting up my tent and showing my work for your consideration. Come on out it will be fun. They have a lot planned for the day like a Halloween Parade, Costume contests, treasure hunt with Captain Jack Sparrow and more so make sure you get your costumes out. This event is for ALL AGES. I will be giving out Candy treats to all ages 🙂 See you Saturday October 17th 🙂
Last show of the season i will be at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery once again. This time I will be inside the Cemetery outside with all its residents right behind Washington Irving. I will be setting up my tent and displaying my Spooky works one last time before Halloween. Saturday October 24th 10 am-4:30 Pm come check out all the Spooky Goodies I have made especially for this Halloween Show. Other Halloween vendors will also be inside the cemetery showing their handmade goodies as well. They will be closer to the south gate I will be up on the hill so wear comfy shoes. If you have never been to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery make plans to visit. It is a City within itself and just nothing like it around absolutely beautiful if you enjoy cemeteries. The cemetery holds guided tours daily during the day and special event guided tours at night by Lantern WeEeWOoOoO 🙂 In order to be apart of these guided tours tickets are needed so go to the Sleepy Hollow cemetery website to get your tickets today. October 24th is a FREE to everyone grab a map and just walk the grounds yourself just make sure to stop by and say Hello. 😀 See you in Sleepy Hollow!!!!!
Tickets are now on sale for the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Painting Class with me. October 3rd First Saturday in October. This year promises to be a Great one as Participants will learn how to paint many of my Characters. Join me at the Historical Sleepy Hollow Cemetery for an afternoon of Painting in the Washington Irving Chapel. I have been hand painting some very nice things for each participant to take home in their very own Ghoulie Goody Bags. When the class is over Wander the grounds check out the magnificent cemetery. Go to town for Dinner. Come back to the cemetery for a guided Lantern tour in the dark. The Headless Horseman always makes an appearance. A Spooktacular Fun Filled Halloween event don’t miss it. Tickets are very limited. https://www.showclix.com/event/HalloweenPaintingwithArtis
Good day to you Boils and Ghoulies!! I hope everyone is having a fangtastic Summer. I have been painting, painting, painting, sorry i have not been online so much as this painting thing takes up a lot of my time 😉
Today i will be posting some show dates along with the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Class that will be taking place in October MUAHAHAHHAHA!
I will be doing a Giveaway September 2nd on my Facebook fanpage at 7PM. An original Spooky Painting and some fun Print Bundles. Be sure to save the date as you could own one of my spooky paintings for free.
1. September 19th Arlington Street Festival Event location: Raymond Avenue between Collegeview avenue and the Eastbound Arterial. I will have a 10×10″ tent filled with lots of Spooky Goodness 😀 This is the first show of the year I will have some pretty cool new things to offer.
2. The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival: September 26th-27th Cantine Field Saugerties, NY. One of my most favorite shows of the year. The only time you will eat more food than you do on Thanksgiving. Well i know i do 🙂 Lots of Garlic will keep the Vampires far far away that day! I will have a 10’x10′ tent FILLED with sPoOktacular Paintings, prints, boxes, clocks, yard decor, NEW this year T-shirts and More. Be sure and wear cool clothing for the Indian Summer this area gets every year BUT bring a sweater just in case. Wear super comfy shoes NO heals or else you will hate coming here it is a HUGE WONDERFUL festival FUN for EVERYONE of all ages. look for bus tours in your area for out of state residence. Bus tours from PA, NJ, MASS are available. here is the link to the website http://hvgf.org/
3. Painting Halloween with Heather Gleason in the Historical Sleepy Hollow Cemetery: October 3rd 12:30-4:30 tickets go on sale in September so be sure and SAVE THE DATE!! Tickets will sell out quickly as there are only limited spaces available in the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Chapel. Come spend the afternoon with me in this Magnificent Cemetery. It is a City in itself. Be mesmerized by the History this land holds. This year i will be doing something different. I will be teaching participants how to paint different spooky Characters. Learn how to paint the Sinister Scarecrow, the Malevolant moon, The Primitive Witch, playful kitties and more all in your very own one of a kind Spooky Painting. Participants get to choose from a large Oval Wood Piece that can be hung on your wall without frame or a nice size 11″x14″ canvas panel that can be framed. ALL supplies are included. Each participant will take home their own painting, Paint brushes, paints and stencils. Each Participant will also be taking home a Hand painted hand made Goodie bag filled with Heather’s Creepy Creations. Don’t miss out on this one Spend the afternoon with me, than after the class go into town for dinner at some of the historical eateries, Come back to the cemetery for their Spooktacular Lantern Guided Tour of the Cemetery in the Dark. They say the Headless Horseman always makes an appearance. Make a day of it visit Sleepy Hollow 🙂 SAVE THE DATE October 3rd. tickets go on sale September 1st. http://www.sleepyhollowcemetery.org/
4. Wappingers Falls Halloween Parade and Festival October 17th 11am-4PM. I will have a 10′ x 10′ tent filled with Halloween Paintings, Prints, T-shirts, coffin Clocks and Ouija tables. Be sure and dress up in costume as this is what this Fun Festival is about. Bring the family and march in the Halloween Parade. After the parade walk the park where there will be Halloween Music, Halloween themed games, Halloween vendor, food, costume contests and more. NOW WHAT WILL I WEAR HMMMM??? Last year was so much fun this year will be even BETTER!!!! Can’t wait! http://www.hudsonvalleyhalloweenmagazine.com/march-in-the-parade
5. Sleepy Hollow Cemetery: October 24th 9am-4:00 Pm the Saturday BEFORE Halloween i will be inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery along with some other Halloween Artists selling my Paintings, Prints, T-shirts, Sleepy Hollow Cemetery themed plaques, ouija board tables, coffin clocks and MORE. I created two larger detailed pieces that when sold all money will go to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Vendor money made goes back into the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Historical fund for the up keep of this Beautiful cemetery. Spend the entire day walking the Cemetery by yourself with family, friends OR take a Group guided tour. The guided tour will take you to key areas of the cemetery with some SpOoktacular stories to be heard. Visit Washington Irving’s grave along with many other high profile names that now lay to rest in the cemetery. I will be perched on the hill behind Washington Irving next to the Receiving Vault. Please note if you would like to take a guided tour tickets must be purchased through the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery website or give them a call. I will be there and cannot wait to see you. This is my last show of the season every year and it is truly wonderful. I promise your visit will be a great one.
Good early morning world!! Its been a tough couple of months with me falling ill. I am finally strong enough and not in pain KNOCK ON WOOD. I was able to paint for the first time a couple of days ago I was so grateful for that. Feels great to be out of bed outside walking around enjoying things. I went to the park with my three children yesterday it was wonderful 🙂 Had the park to ourselves. I have been answering emails and getting back into orders. I have some other fun things up my sleeve but have my husband helping me with those so i’m not so stressed out and over working myself,
Today I am posting a link to an Interview I did with Honeysuckle Mag out of NYC. I am hesitant to share this with you today as it digs deep into something I never really talk detail about and that is my Schizophrenia. Most of you know I live with this strange disease but i never give details of what i suffer with everyday symptoms. It is very tough opening up about this but kinda figured it would be like therapy for me in a way. Maybe some will see what goes on with me everyday and how it is a struggle i deal with on top of my everyday walking life. My forgetfulness is pushed to the limit everyday due to my schizophrenia. Some may understand me a little more by reading this and why i am the way i am when talking to me or just doing everyday business with me. I do not speak of all my symptoms like my speech how sometimes i make no sense. In my brain i can hear myself talking but it comes out all mixed up and makes no sense sometimes. If you would like to read my interview in which i am very nervous to share. Click the link and it will take you to HONEYSUCKLE MAGS website. http://www.honeysucklemag.com/welcome-to-the-eclectic-mind-of-heather-gleason/
Please feel free to leave a comment for me on my facebook fan page or on the Honeysuckle magazine comments section below the article. This is a new door open a little strange for me but i will wear my big girl pants and try and answer some questions if you have any. 🙂 Have a wonderful day everyone!!!