Good day to you Boils and Ghoulies!! I hope everyone is having a fangtastic Summer. I have been painting, painting, painting, sorry i have not been online so much as this painting thing takes up a lot of my time 😉
Today i will be posting some show dates along with the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Class that will be taking place in October MUAHAHAHHAHA!
I will be doing a Giveaway September 2nd on my Facebook fanpage at 7PM. An original Spooky Painting and some fun Print Bundles. Be sure to save the date as you could own one of my spooky paintings for free.
1. September 19th Arlington Street Festival Event location: Raymond Avenue between Collegeview avenue and the Eastbound Arterial. I will have a 10×10″ tent filled with lots of Spooky Goodness 😀 This is the first show of the year I will have some pretty cool new things to offer.
2. The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival: September 26th-27th Cantine Field Saugerties, NY. One of my most favorite shows of the year. The only time you will eat more food than you do on Thanksgiving. Well i know i do Lots of Garlic will keep the Vampires far far away that day! I will have a 10’x10′ tent FILLED with sPoOktacular Paintings, prints, boxes, clocks, yard decor, NEW this year T-shirts and More. Be sure and wear cool clothing for the Indian Summer this area gets every year BUT bring a sweater just in case. Wear super comfy shoes NO heals or else you will hate coming here it is a HUGE WONDERFUL festival FUN for EVERYONE of all ages. look for bus tours in your area for out of state residence. Bus tours from PA, NJ, MASS are available. here is the link to the website http://hvgf.org/
3. Painting Halloween with Heather Gleason in the Historical Sleepy Hollow Cemetery: October 3rd 12:30-4:30 tickets go on sale in September so be sure and SAVE THE DATE!! Tickets will sell out quickly as there are only limited spaces available in the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Chapel. Come spend the afternoon with me in this Magnificent Cemetery. It is a City in itself. Be mesmerized by the History this land holds. This year i will be doing something different. I will be teaching participants how to paint different spooky Characters. Learn how to paint the Sinister Scarecrow, the Malevolant moon, The Primitive Witch, playful kitties and more all in your very own one of a kind Spooky Painting. Participants get to choose from a large Oval Wood Piece that can be hung on your wall without frame or a nice size 11″x14″ canvas panel that can be framed. ALL supplies are included. Each participant will take home their own painting, Paint brushes, paints and stencils. Each Participant will also be taking home a Hand painted hand made Goodie bag filled with Heather’s Creepy Creations. Don’t miss out on this one Spend the afternoon with me, than after the class go into town for dinner at some of the historical eateries, Come back to the cemetery for their Spooktacular Lantern Guided Tour of the Cemetery in the Dark. They say the Headless Horseman always makes an appearance. Make a day of it visit Sleepy Hollow SAVE THE DATE October 3rd. tickets go on sale September 1st. http://www.sleepyhollowcemetery.org/
4. Wappingers Falls Halloween Parade and Festival October 17th 11am-4PM. I will have a 10′ x 10′ tent filled with Halloween Paintings, Prints, T-shirts, coffin Clocks and Ouija tables. Be sure and dress up in costume as this is what this Fun Festival is about. Bring the family and march in the Halloween Parade. After the parade walk the park where there will be Halloween Music, Halloween themed games, Halloween vendor, food, costume contests and more. NOW WHAT WILL I WEAR HMMMM??? Last year was so much fun this year will be even BETTER!!!! Can’t wait! http://www.hudsonvalleyhalloweenmagazine.com/march-in-the-parade
5. Sleepy Hollow Cemetery: October 24th 9am-4:00 Pm the Saturday BEFORE Halloween i will be inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery along with some other Halloween Artists selling my Paintings, Prints, T-shirts, Sleepy Hollow Cemetery themed plaques, ouija board tables, coffin clocks and MORE. I created two larger detailed pieces that when sold all money will go to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Vendor money made goes back into the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Historical fund for the up keep of this Beautiful cemetery. Spend the entire day walking the Cemetery by yourself with family, friends OR take a Group guided tour. The guided tour will take you to key areas of the cemetery with some SpOoktacular stories to be heard. Visit Washington Irving’s grave along with many other high profile names that now lay to rest in the cemetery. I will be perched on the hill behind Washington Irving next to the Receiving Vault. Please note if you would like to take a guided tour tickets must be purchased through the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery website or give them a call. I will be there and cannot wait to see you. This is my last show of the season every year and it is truly wonderful. I promise your visit will be a great one.
Good early morning world!! Its been a tough couple of months with me falling ill. I am finally strong enough and not in pain KNOCK ON WOOD. I was able to paint for the first time a couple of days ago I was so grateful for that. Feels great to be out of bed outside walking around enjoying things. I went to the park with my three children yesterday it was wonderful Had the park to ourselves. I have been answering emails and getting back into orders. I have some other fun things up my sleeve but have my husband helping me with those so i’m not so stressed out and over working myself,
Today I am posting a link to an Interview I did with Honeysuckle Mag out of NYC. I am hesitant to share this with you today as it digs deep into something I never really talk detail about and that is my Schizophrenia. Most of you know I live with this strange disease but i never give details of what i suffer with everyday symptoms. It is very tough opening up about this but kinda figured it would be like therapy for me in a way. Maybe some will see what goes on with me everyday and how it is a struggle i deal with on top of my everyday walking life. My forgetfulness is pushed to the limit everyday due to my schizophrenia. Some may understand me a little more by reading this and why i am the way i am when talking to me or just doing everyday business with me. I do not speak of all my symptoms like my speech how sometimes i make no sense. In my brain i can hear myself talking but it comes out all mixed up and makes no sense sometimes. If you would like to read my interview in which i am very nervous to share. Click the link and it will take you to HONEYSUCKLE MAGS website. http://www.honeysucklemag.com/welcome-to-the-eclectic-mind-of-heather-gleason/
Please feel free to leave a comment for me on my facebook fan page or on the Honeysuckle magazine comments section below the article. This is a new door open a little strange for me but i will wear my big girl pants and try and answer some questions if you have any. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Sorry fiends. I have been on a break and sick. I just got out of the hospital last night from a 5 day stay at Vassar Brothers hospital. I need a couple of more weeks and i will be back with a new line of t-SHirts, tank tops, skirts, Stragley Beautiful blouses, and some Spooktacular Stylish Dresses for Summer. I have some pretty interesting wood pieces that you Alice in Wonderland Fans will LOVE!!! I will be back soon. Sorry typing with only my left hand sucks. See you soon xoxo
Spring is near and I have been painting all things witchy. My Pop up Sales are back! Starting tonight on my Facebook page I will have the above and More up for your taking. Prices will start as low as $25.00 for hand painted wood pieces and canvas. I will be on at 6PM est time. First come first serve. Get to my page early as these Witchy Goods will go fast. It was a Brutal cold winer here in NY. Now its time for a new look and some Spring Cleaning. If you love my Ravens, Haunted Houses, and more then stop by TONIGHT!!! My Facebook link is to the right of my home page here on My Webite.
SHOW news. I will be conversing with a few NEW local shows here in NY. One show in particular has been mentioned to me way to many times to count to take part of from my art collector fans out there. I today will be getting more info on how to become apart of this show. If i take part I am sure many of you would be very Happy! Sleepy Hollow Cemetery will be again at the End of October inside the actual Cemetery. I will be right behind Washington Irving and the Receiving Vault in the Cemetery. Another Private Art Session will be available sometime this Fall in the Historical Chapel of the Cemetery. Keep your eye out for dates and times. Will blog about that soon for ticket sales. Give me Two more weeks and all show dates will be posted here.
As Promised Spring will bring in NEW Fashion and T-Shirt Designs. I have 5 t-shirt designs coming in very shortly. Girly T’s and unisex T’s. Currently working on some new Fabric designs for a line of PRETTY SpOoKy and Girly Printed Skirts and Summer Dresses. Skirts and Dresses will be out Mid Spring. Well my Spookings, i will be back soon. I hope to see you LIVE tonight on my Facebook Fan Page for my Witchy POP UP SALE. I promise you will love my New Designs. See ya soon.
I will be running a Print Sale On Thursday Jan 22-23 Buy Two prints get one FREE! I will be posting NEW Art prints in my store front along with some older prints. If you buy 2 prints you get to choose a third FREE. Its a New Year I figured I would start it off with some Happy! I am sure you will love the new Prints. See you back here on Thursday or Friday for the Buy 2 Get One Free sale!!
Happy New Year to all you Spooky Fiends out there!! 2015 is here what a lovely odd rounded year it is. I am looking forward to some fun Happenings this year!!! I have a lot of things roaring in my head itching to get out. BUT unfortunately I am limited to only few. I will be starting some oil paintings this week i am excited to pick up the medium again. It has been a few months and well. Winter time is the best time to get these oily creatures out of my noggin. I plan on working on some unique designs for some clothing this spring. I have clothing on the mind that includes unique dresses with Fun Gothic prints. Unique patterns that will have a touch of gothic whimsy, Colors that will pop and enhance the female form no matter what shape or size. I will also be offering T-shirt designs. These fashions will be available early spring.
I will continue to do Autumn shows around NY. I will be looking into a few new shows this year i just have to do a little more homework before i go along with the application process.
The Sleepy Hollow Cemetery is always fun and I really can’t wait to return. I will be hosting another Art class this year. Still have to work out dates. I promise to have these set dates early 2015 so many of you can make your vacation time around visiting the cemetery. Classes are fairly small and are set behind the Cemetery gates in the Cemetery Chapel. The chapel is unique and only open to special events. I will be again setting up my tent weekend before Halloween right behind Washington Irving. My tent will be filled with Paintings, functional art pieces such as One of a kind jewelry boxes, Clocks, Candle holders, Prints, hand sculpted jewelry and more. So be sure and keep a small spot cleared in October for one of these fun dates. Come out and hang out with me in the Cemetery. I promise you WILL NOT REGRET IT!
OK done with Blogging for now. I will be back soon. I will be posting some photos of progress work of new oil paintings HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!
SNEAK Peek at Some of the goodies I will be offering up this Friday November 28th BLACK FRIDAY!!! I will be offering over 45 NEW items in my store! All at VERY LOW PRICES AND FREEEEEE SHIPPING for U.S only. If you Spend $75.00 or more You get to Choose (1) 8″x10″ print from my Store for FREE!! If you spend over $135.00 on Black Friday You will receive a $25.00 gift Certificate to use toward your next purchase or when ever you please throughout the year on my website. When placing your order PLEASE VERIFY your Mailing Address in the comments section when checking out to speed up processing of your order. PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THAT STEP!! ALL orders from my site will be Shipped out Monday Dec 1st. December 2nd I will be closing my shop down I will reopen AFTER Christmas. This gives me more time to work on some more time consuming projects. PLus I like to relax a little around Christmas and spend time with my Family. DON’T worry I will be blogging pics and what I am working on throughout the winter. I will also be posting on Facebook like I normally do. SO I can’t wait for you to see what I have to offer on Black Friday I am sure you will be Happy Vampers! See you BLACK Friday BRIGHT AND EARLY 6AM Est Time!!!! if you shop earlier you may miss out on items I am currently uploading so Wait until 6AM so you get to view all the goodies. See you Friday!
Good Morning Friends! I have been up since 3 AM painting as usual. This time i was painting some Holiday, Christmasy type things. Some Christmas Table Runners with some glitter Yah I like them! I may keep one for myself Any whooo I will be at one my Craft Show this year. In fact it is a Holiday Craft show in the next town over. I will be at St. Josephs Church in New Paltz NY today and tomorrow Nov, 22-23. I will have lots of Holiday Paintings, along with my everyday My Eclectic Mind Spooky/weird/fun paintings lol. If you love the winter themed paintings like the one posted here I will have about 6-7 paintings and 3 smaller Autumn themed pieces, Girly pieces, Mimi pieces and of course some Spooky pieces. Stop by and say Hello today or tomorrow and grab some goodies at great prices. While you are in the area be sure and walk around the village they have great little shops you may like. If you are unable to attend. DON’T forget about my BIG BLack Friday SALE coming up on Nov. 28th lots of Great offerings and clearance items from the Halloween, Autumn Season. ok back to painting. Hope to see some familiar faces this weekend. Have a Good one, keep warm!!
Good Day to you my friends. It has been getting colder and colder here in NY. I have been bundled up while painting and blogging. Time for Hot Cocoa (Don’t Forget the Whip Cream)! I have had a number of images on my mind and trying to get them out has been difficult. Especially with a wild little 2yr old running around 😉 I have been painting a lot of Witchy Wonderland scenes. I will have some smaller affordable pieces available on Black Friday. This will be my LAST and FINAL SALE of the 2014 Year. The BIGGEST SALE of the year!! The Perfect time for Your Holiday Gift Shopping. I will have a small amount of paintings available at local shops here in NY. I will have 4-5 Paintings at BSQ in BEACON. All Witchy WOnderland Themed. I will also have paintings hanging at Moxie Cup in New Paltz. I will have a mix of Paintings for sale, Witchy Wonderland landscapes, Mimi pieces, and some gothic girly pieces. If you are local to Beacon, NY or New Paltz, NY stop on in to one of these Specialty coffee shops and check out what I have to offer. Be Sure and Mark your calendars log on to my website EARLY NOVEMBER 28th. I will have a TON of Paintings, Prints, Boxes, Witch hats, Jewelry, Stocking Stuffers, and more for sale. First come first serve if you see something you like grab it while it is still available most of the paintings i will have on sale are one of a kind some pieces will never be printed. If you see something you like but would like to do a layaway plan I am open to the idea just email me before purchase so we can work out an arrangement of payments. Price range for Black Friday Sale $5.00-$450.00 If you spend over $135.00 in my store you will receive a $25.00 gift certificate to use toward your next purchase at the My Eclectic Mind website store. Stay tuned as I will be posting more Black Friday Bonuses and giveaways!!
The End of the Halloween Season is always a Sad one for many. I had a Great time with Family and friends this year. My son is 2yrs old he got the hang of carrying his batman bucket around running door to door with the other kids trick r treating for that candy! That put a smile on my face watching my 3 kids have a great time. I just love it! I have a lot of new things coming up for the following 2015 Odd year. I am excited about it actually. I will be adding some left over paintings from the Halloween Season at discount prices today in my website store get them while they are available. OH and Mark your Calendar for the BIGGEST and BLACKEST Friday of them all NOVEMBER 28th Black Friday SALE!!. Many of you save your pennies for My Black Friday Sale. This year I will have Lots of Fun Paintings, Prints, Jewelry, Christmas Ornies, Christmas Table runners, T-shirts and more. Don’t miss out! Get your loved ones what they want. If you know they Love SpoOkY stop by here November 28th BLACK FRIDAY and pick up something that will make them smile at a GREAT price. I hope all of you had a Fangtastic Halloween. Remember Its Always Halloween Here. Stop by often and see what new things I have created.