Hello Boils and Ghoulies. The Big Day is getting closer and closer. That means the Last show of the Season is here. I will be setting up my artwork this Saturday inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Gates open at 8AM close at 4:30 PM I will be up on the hill beside the receiving vaults behind the Great and Powerful Mr Washington Irving. Stop by and grab something Spooktacular to take home. The Cemetery will be giving guided tours all day long (tickets must be purchased in advance for a guided tour through the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery website) If you just want to stop by and stroll the cemetery on your own at your own leisure feel free at no charge. There will be other Spooky crafters spread out through the cemetery showing their work. I will have a couple of ouija board tables, Hand Painted Sleepy Hollow Signs, headless Horseman Paintings, Jewelry, prints t-shirts and more. Stop by and say Hello.
Last weekend I attended the Wappingers Falls Annual Halloween Parade and Festival. We arrived early and set the tent up filled with Halloween Art. We were set up for about 35 minutes then the Heavy winds came through knocked the tent around my art walls blew over landing on some Trick R Treaters. So with much thought and sadness we headed out. We did not want anyone to get hurt so we missed the fun filled day. I apologize to anyone that came out and we were not there. One thing i do not do good in is Heavy Winds. Projectile tents and large paintings can actual hurt someone very badly. SO last show is this Saturday at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery 8AM-4:30PM no heavy winds reported just yet…. Knock on wood. SEE YOU SATURDAY!! The first photo of The Headless Horseman Photo was taken by Photographer Karen Ringen you can find more of her photography at Sleepyhollowcemetery.tumblr.com
I want to thank everyone that participated in this years Painting class at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow NY. Everyone did a Fangtastic job with their paintings. It was a big challenge to do such a class as everyone had a different like and vision I hope you had as much fun as I did. If you have pictures please share as I found out my husband did not take pictures while we were there. I will be hosting more classes in the near future currently working on dates. Maybe a Winter class with Whimsical Witchy Wonderlands right in time for Christmas and all this snow we get here.
Next show will be at the Wappingers Falls Halloween Parade and Festival. I will be setting up my tent and showing my work for your consideration. Come on out it will be fun. They have a lot planned for the day like a Halloween Parade, Costume contests, treasure hunt with Captain Jack Sparrow and more so make sure you get your costumes out. This event is for ALL AGES. I will be giving out Candy treats to all ages See you Saturday October 17th
Last show of the season i will be at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery once again. This time I will be inside the Cemetery outside with all its residents right behind Washington Irving. I will be setting up my tent and displaying my Spooky works one last time before Halloween. Saturday October 24th 10 am-4:30 Pm come check out all the Spooky Goodies I have made especially for this Halloween Show. Other Halloween vendors will also be inside the cemetery showing their handmade goodies as well. They will be closer to the south gate I will be up on the hill so wear comfy shoes. If you have never been to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery make plans to visit. It is a City within itself and just nothing like it around absolutely beautiful if you enjoy cemeteries. The cemetery holds guided tours daily during the day and special event guided tours at night by Lantern WeEeWOoOoO In order to be apart of these guided tours tickets are needed so go to the Sleepy Hollow cemetery website to get your tickets today. October 24th is a FREE to everyone grab a map and just walk the grounds yourself just make sure to stop by and say Hello. 😀 See you in Sleepy Hollow!!!!!
Tickets are now on sale for the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Painting Class with me. October 3rd First Saturday in October. This year promises to be a Great one as Participants will learn how to paint many of my Characters. Join me at the Historical Sleepy Hollow Cemetery for an afternoon of Painting in the Washington Irving Chapel. I have been hand painting some very nice things for each participant to take home in their very own Ghoulie Goody Bags. When the class is over Wander the grounds check out the magnificent cemetery. Go to town for Dinner. Come back to the cemetery for a guided Lantern tour in the dark. The Headless Horseman always makes an appearance. A Spooktacular Fun Filled Halloween event don’t miss it. Tickets are very limited. https://www.showclix.com/event/HalloweenPaintingwithArtis
Good day to you Boils and Ghoulies!! I hope everyone is having a fangtastic Summer. I have been painting, painting, painting, sorry i have not been online so much as this painting thing takes up a lot of my time 😉
Today i will be posting some show dates along with the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Class that will be taking place in October MUAHAHAHHAHA!
I will be doing a Giveaway September 2nd on my Facebook fanpage at 7PM. An original Spooky Painting and some fun Print Bundles. Be sure to save the date as you could own one of my spooky paintings for free.
1. September 19th Arlington Street Festival Event location: Raymond Avenue between Collegeview avenue and the Eastbound Arterial. I will have a 10×10″ tent filled with lots of Spooky Goodness 😀 This is the first show of the year I will have some pretty cool new things to offer.
2. The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival: September 26th-27th Cantine Field Saugerties, NY. One of my most favorite shows of the year. The only time you will eat more food than you do on Thanksgiving. Well i know i do Lots of Garlic will keep the Vampires far far away that day! I will have a 10’x10′ tent FILLED with sPoOktacular Paintings, prints, boxes, clocks, yard decor, NEW this year T-shirts and More. Be sure and wear cool clothing for the Indian Summer this area gets every year BUT bring a sweater just in case. Wear super comfy shoes NO heals or else you will hate coming here it is a HUGE WONDERFUL festival FUN for EVERYONE of all ages. look for bus tours in your area for out of state residence. Bus tours from PA, NJ, MASS are available. here is the link to the website http://hvgf.org/
3. Painting Halloween with Heather Gleason in the Historical Sleepy Hollow Cemetery: October 3rd 12:30-4:30 tickets go on sale in September so be sure and SAVE THE DATE!! Tickets will sell out quickly as there are only limited spaces available in the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Chapel. Come spend the afternoon with me in this Magnificent Cemetery. It is a City in itself. Be mesmerized by the History this land holds. This year i will be doing something different. I will be teaching participants how to paint different spooky Characters. Learn how to paint the Sinister Scarecrow, the Malevolant moon, The Primitive Witch, playful kitties and more all in your very own one of a kind Spooky Painting. Participants get to choose from a large Oval Wood Piece that can be hung on your wall without frame or a nice size 11″x14″ canvas panel that can be framed. ALL supplies are included. Each participant will take home their own painting, Paint brushes, paints and stencils. Each Participant will also be taking home a Hand painted hand made Goodie bag filled with Heather’s Creepy Creations. Don’t miss out on this one Spend the afternoon with me, than after the class go into town for dinner at some of the historical eateries, Come back to the cemetery for their Spooktacular Lantern Guided Tour of the Cemetery in the Dark. They say the Headless Horseman always makes an appearance. Make a day of it visit Sleepy Hollow SAVE THE DATE October 3rd. tickets go on sale September 1st. http://www.sleepyhollowcemetery.org/
4. Wappingers Falls Halloween Parade and Festival October 17th 11am-4PM. I will have a 10′ x 10′ tent filled with Halloween Paintings, Prints, T-shirts, coffin Clocks and Ouija tables. Be sure and dress up in costume as this is what this Fun Festival is about. Bring the family and march in the Halloween Parade. After the parade walk the park where there will be Halloween Music, Halloween themed games, Halloween vendor, food, costume contests and more. NOW WHAT WILL I WEAR HMMMM??? Last year was so much fun this year will be even BETTER!!!! Can’t wait! http://www.hudsonvalleyhalloweenmagazine.com/march-in-the-parade
5. Sleepy Hollow Cemetery: October 24th 9am-4:00 Pm the Saturday BEFORE Halloween i will be inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery along with some other Halloween Artists selling my Paintings, Prints, T-shirts, Sleepy Hollow Cemetery themed plaques, ouija board tables, coffin clocks and MORE. I created two larger detailed pieces that when sold all money will go to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Vendor money made goes back into the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Historical fund for the up keep of this Beautiful cemetery. Spend the entire day walking the Cemetery by yourself with family, friends OR take a Group guided tour. The guided tour will take you to key areas of the cemetery with some SpOoktacular stories to be heard. Visit Washington Irving’s grave along with many other high profile names that now lay to rest in the cemetery. I will be perched on the hill behind Washington Irving next to the Receiving Vault. Please note if you would like to take a guided tour tickets must be purchased through the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery website or give them a call. I will be there and cannot wait to see you. This is my last show of the season every year and it is truly wonderful. I promise your visit will be a great one.
Good early morning world!! Its been a tough couple of months with me falling ill. I am finally strong enough and not in pain KNOCK ON WOOD. I was able to paint for the first time a couple of days ago I was so grateful for that. Feels great to be out of bed outside walking around enjoying things. I went to the park with my three children yesterday it was wonderful Had the park to ourselves. I have been answering emails and getting back into orders. I have some other fun things up my sleeve but have my husband helping me with those so i’m not so stressed out and over working myself,
Today I am posting a link to an Interview I did with Honeysuckle Mag out of NYC. I am hesitant to share this with you today as it digs deep into something I never really talk detail about and that is my Schizophrenia. Most of you know I live with this strange disease but i never give details of what i suffer with everyday symptoms. It is very tough opening up about this but kinda figured it would be like therapy for me in a way. Maybe some will see what goes on with me everyday and how it is a struggle i deal with on top of my everyday walking life. My forgetfulness is pushed to the limit everyday due to my schizophrenia. Some may understand me a little more by reading this and why i am the way i am when talking to me or just doing everyday business with me. I do not speak of all my symptoms like my speech how sometimes i make no sense. In my brain i can hear myself talking but it comes out all mixed up and makes no sense sometimes. If you would like to read my interview in which i am very nervous to share. Click the link and it will take you to HONEYSUCKLE MAGS website. http://www.honeysucklemag.com/welcome-to-the-eclectic-mind-of-heather-gleason/
Please feel free to leave a comment for me on my facebook fan page or on the Honeysuckle magazine comments section below the article. This is a new door open a little strange for me but i will wear my big girl pants and try and answer some questions if you have any. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Sorry fiends. I have been on a break and sick. I just got out of the hospital last night from a 5 day stay at Vassar Brothers hospital. I need a couple of more weeks and i will be back with a new line of t-SHirts, tank tops, skirts, Stragley Beautiful blouses, and some Spooktacular Stylish Dresses for Summer. I have some pretty interesting wood pieces that you Alice in Wonderland Fans will LOVE!!! I will be back soon. Sorry typing with only my left hand sucks. See you soon xoxo
Spring is near and I have been painting all things witchy. My Pop up Sales are back! Starting tonight on my Facebook page I will have the above and More up for your taking. Prices will start as low as $25.00 for hand painted wood pieces and canvas. I will be on at 6PM est time. First come first serve. Get to my page early as these Witchy Goods will go fast. It was a Brutal cold winer here in NY. Now its time for a new look and some Spring Cleaning. If you love my Ravens, Haunted Houses, and more then stop by TONIGHT!!! My Facebook link is to the right of my home page here on My Webite.
SHOW news. I will be conversing with a few NEW local shows here in NY. One show in particular has been mentioned to me way to many times to count to take part of from my art collector fans out there. I today will be getting more info on how to become apart of this show. If i take part I am sure many of you would be very Happy! Sleepy Hollow Cemetery will be again at the End of October inside the actual Cemetery. I will be right behind Washington Irving and the Receiving Vault in the Cemetery. Another Private Art Session will be available sometime this Fall in the Historical Chapel of the Cemetery. Keep your eye out for dates and times. Will blog about that soon for ticket sales. Give me Two more weeks and all show dates will be posted here.
As Promised Spring will bring in NEW Fashion and T-Shirt Designs. I have 5 t-shirt designs coming in very shortly. Girly T’s and unisex T’s. Currently working on some new Fabric designs for a line of PRETTY SpOoKy and Girly Printed Skirts and Summer Dresses. Skirts and Dresses will be out Mid Spring. Well my Spookings, i will be back soon. I hope to see you LIVE tonight on my Facebook Fan Page for my Witchy POP UP SALE. I promise you will love my New Designs. See ya soon.
I will be running a Print Sale On Thursday Jan 22-23 Buy Two prints get one FREE! I will be posting NEW Art prints in my store front along with some older prints. If you buy 2 prints you get to choose a third FREE. Its a New Year I figured I would start it off with some Happy! I am sure you will love the new Prints. See you back here on Thursday or Friday for the Buy 2 Get One Free sale!!
Happy New Year to all you Spooky Fiends out there!! 2015 is here what a lovely odd rounded year it is. I am looking forward to some fun Happenings this year!!! I have a lot of things roaring in my head itching to get out. BUT unfortunately I am limited to only few. I will be starting some oil paintings this week i am excited to pick up the medium again. It has been a few months and well. Winter time is the best time to get these oily creatures out of my noggin. I plan on working on some unique designs for some clothing this spring. I have clothing on the mind that includes unique dresses with Fun Gothic prints. Unique patterns that will have a touch of gothic whimsy, Colors that will pop and enhance the female form no matter what shape or size. I will also be offering T-shirt designs. These fashions will be available early spring.
I will continue to do Autumn shows around NY. I will be looking into a few new shows this year i just have to do a little more homework before i go along with the application process.
The Sleepy Hollow Cemetery is always fun and I really can’t wait to return. I will be hosting another Art class this year. Still have to work out dates. I promise to have these set dates early 2015 so many of you can make your vacation time around visiting the cemetery. Classes are fairly small and are set behind the Cemetery gates in the Cemetery Chapel. The chapel is unique and only open to special events. I will be again setting up my tent weekend before Halloween right behind Washington Irving. My tent will be filled with Paintings, functional art pieces such as One of a kind jewelry boxes, Clocks, Candle holders, Prints, hand sculpted jewelry and more. So be sure and keep a small spot cleared in October for one of these fun dates. Come out and hang out with me in the Cemetery. I promise you WILL NOT REGRET IT!
OK done with Blogging for now. I will be back soon. I will be posting some photos of progress work of new oil paintings HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!
SNEAK Peek at Some of the goodies I will be offering up this Friday November 28th BLACK FRIDAY!!! I will be offering over 45 NEW items in my store! All at VERY LOW PRICES AND FREEEEEE SHIPPING for U.S only. If you Spend $75.00 or more You get to Choose (1) 8″x10″ print from my Store for FREE!! If you spend over $135.00 on Black Friday You will receive a $25.00 gift Certificate to use toward your next purchase or when ever you please throughout the year on my website. When placing your order PLEASE VERIFY your Mailing Address in the comments section when checking out to speed up processing of your order. PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THAT STEP!! ALL orders from my site will be Shipped out Monday Dec 1st. December 2nd I will be closing my shop down I will reopen AFTER Christmas. This gives me more time to work on some more time consuming projects. PLus I like to relax a little around Christmas and spend time with my Family. DON’T worry I will be blogging pics and what I am working on throughout the winter. I will also be posting on Facebook like I normally do. SO I can’t wait for you to see what I have to offer on Black Friday I am sure you will be Happy Vampers! See you BLACK Friday BRIGHT AND EARLY 6AM Est Time!!!! if you shop earlier you may miss out on items I am currently uploading so Wait until 6AM so you get to view all the goodies. See you Friday!